Nuance’s new offering of Version 12 of Dragon NaturallySpeaking is worth going for if you have not done so already.
I found an improvement in the way the Calisto bluetooth microphone responds. Much, much better in V12 than V11.
Other new features to look out for:
- Increased Accuracy – up to 20% improvement on version 11
- Faster than ever – takes advantage of the latest multicore processors
- Smart Format Rules – learns your formatting preferences
- Enhanced Web Mail – works easier and better with Gmail and Hotmail
- Faster Correction Procedure – more choices make it easier and faster
- Better on-board Tutorial – new interactive tutorial
Remember – Dragon can help you work more productively on your computer Speak to your computer at around 3 times the speed of an average touch typist. If you are dyslexic and find spelling an issue then Dragon can make a huge difference. It never spells words wrongly. However, watch out for misrecognised words because sometimes Dragon miss-hears what you said and puts the wrong word in the document.
Learn to tame your Dragon
It is important that you learn to follow the correction procedure when Dragon makes a mistake. That way, the program is less likely to make the same mistake again and it will get better an better with use. Happy Dragon taming!!!!
IT Your Way offers full training on this and previous versions of Dragon NaturallySpeaking. For free advice and to find out more please get in touch with Seamus at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 07762 849 700.