Experience you can trust
Qualified teacher and Certified Assistive Technology trainer with over 30 years special needs experience across all age groups and disabilities.
IT Your Way was founded by Seamus Cuddihy as an Assistive Technology Consultancy in 2007 specialising in assesments and training for computer access. We are dedicated to enabling both professional and private individuals achieve their business and personal objectives through the use of the groundbreaking technology. Many software and hardware solutions are available to help overcome physical, visual, literacy and learning limitations. This is what is known as “Assistive Technology”.
Seamus has a background in teaching, technology, disability & diversity, which continues to shape the company’s approach to Assistive Technology Training. IT Your Way provides bespoke training on all the software packages recommended for employees funded through the Access to Work (AtW) scheme and for students funded through the Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA).
IT Your Way trainers work at all times with sensitivity to the trainee’s learning style, whilst endeavouring to equip trainees with confidence and a sound working knowledge of their programs and equipment.
With certification to train in the leading Assistive Technology applications, IT Your Way is able to offer a wide and flexible range of services to individuals in the workplace, in education and in the home.
Seamus is a qualified teacher and certified trainer in leading Assistive Technology programs. Having worked for two national charities since 1982 and provided services to blue chip companies, the Security Services and local/central Government departments, he established IT Your Way in 2007.
IT Your Way specialises in the following disciplines and solutions:
- Speech recognition systems (Windows 7 and Dragon Naturally Speaking)
- Dyslexia software (e.g. Text Help Read & Write; ClaroRead; Inspiration; MindView; Sonocent Audio Notetaker,).
- Vision impairment (Dolphin Supernova; LunarPlus; ZoomText)
- Physical disability (in-depth knowledge of hardware and software solutions to overcome moderate to severe disabilities.
- DSE (Display Screen Equipment) Risk Assessments.
- Full Technical/Ergonomic Assessments
- Access to Work (Job Centre Plus) Assessments and Training
- DSA (Disabled Students Allowance) Assessments and Training
To learn more about the services available, please visit our services page.
From software to hardware, IT Your Way is certified to train on the following platforms:
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Text Help Read & Write
- WordQ and SpeakQ
- Sonocent Audio Notetaker
- Abbyy Fine Reader
- Dolphin Supernova
For a free telephone consultation about how IT Your Way can help you or your organisation, please get in touch with Seamus by visiting the contact page where you can post an enquiry.